Employing a video company
Please note, if you are employing the services of an video company to record your performances, and sell DVDs or CDs, under copyright law you must ensure they do the following:
- Contact Edgy Productions to discuss their licencing obligations.
- Make an application for a Recording, Duplication and Sale licence directly to Edgy Productions.
- If a licence is granted they must provide your school with a copy.
- Calculate their gross revenue from sales of DVD, CD, VHS or cassette, irrespective of charges incurred, and declare them to Edgy Productions.
- Pay commission due on receipt of an invoice from the publisher.
Alternatively, if you would like to provide us with the name and contact details of the company concerned we will be happy to talk to them on your behalf.
Return to Licences page